The guys at NetherRealm Studios held a live stream on their twitch channel moments ago and revealed some exciting new tidbits for their upcoming game, Mortal Kombat X. Here’s a quick rundown on what was revealed during the stream:
- New Scorpion skin from a Russian artist “Fear-sAs” from MK Kollective, as well as fan art scattered throughout the game.
- Mileena’s Ethereal, Ravenous, and piercing variations showcased. Ethereal specializes in teleportation, Ravenous specializes in viscous attacks with lots of biting, and Piercing specializes in projectile and sai attacks.
- Takeda’s Shirai Ryu, Lasher and Ronan varitations showcased. Shirai Ryu specializes in whip and spear moves inspired by Scorpian, Lasher specializes in electric whip and range moves, Ronan specializes in dual plasma sword attacks.
- Test Your Luck game mode is coming back, where up to 7 random modifiers are active during a fight. Kustom Kombat mode lets you choose the modifiers before the fight. Kustom Kombat mode is exclusive to local multiplayer.
- Arcade fight stick support confirmed for PS4 version.
- Kung Jin’s Ancestral, Bojutsu and Shaolin variations showcased. Ancestral specializes in bow attacks, Bojutsu specializes in bo staff attacks, Shaolin specializes in chakram attacks.
- Characters are not locked into factions.
- Jason Voorhees is still a work in progress, no gameplay as of yet.
- Over 100 different brutalities.
- No more 2 vs. 2 matches.
- QUITALITY announced. If a player quits an online match their head explodes.
Mortal Kombat X will be available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on April 14th, 2015.